Okay I know I always say this but how is it December already.
November went by so fast but I also had a lot of fun and got a lot of new ideas which I might reveal here. It wasn’t a good month blogging wise though as I didn’t blog AT ALL but I appreciate you all for sticking with me.
So last month I read six books
p.s: If you would like to have the fillable and printable form of this reading log, you can download it here for free, DOWNLOAD NOW.
So if you follow me on Instagram (
shameless self-plug), you would know that at a point I was fangirling so hard over Illuminae by. Marija who blogs at Inside my library mind was reading it so I decided to pick it up too and oh my why did I wait that long. Let’s just say I’ve added Kady (the heroine) to my list of favourite female characters. AIDAN was okay too, you know for a murderous and confused A. I. Set in space and told through a series of interviews, documents, chat logs and pictures, Illuminae is an illustrative journey through space where everything is trying to kill you, for example, a sinister space force, your own A.I and maybe humans too. It kind of gave me Stargate and 24 hours vibes. Wasn’t so keen on the romance though but it was cute at times. Don’t worry guys, full review to come soon.
This the season to be jolly
So I’ve got a lot of plans for this month, you know apart from eating all the jollof rice and chicken that I can stomach. So here they are:
- Reviews, reviews, reviews: Get ready to be drowned in a pool of them. Okay, I’m exaggerating. But I’ve got a mini review featuring books with black magical girls and sisters in a blended family, review of Illuminae, review of All Systems red with some character profiles wink, review of we won’t fade into the darkness by T. J. Benson(shout out to Parresia publishers for sending me a free copy in exchange for an honest review). Please leave links to any of your post in the comments below so I can check out your posts while blog hopping. I didn’t realise how much I missed blogging till I started writing this post.
- Go self-hosted or upgrade my WordPress plan: Okay guys its time for me to venture out into the wild and get my own domain(I know I’m so extra). I’m wondering if I should go the self-hosted route or just upgrade my wordpress.com plan which comes with a free domain for one year. I need your help with this decision. I know self-hosted gives you a lot of freedom but I’m afraid of the technical stuff and also my posts won’t show up in the WordPress reader anymore and well that kind of gave me blog traffic. So pls advise me, pls don’t leave me out here alone.
- Blog Revamp: When I finally get my domain, I’ll be doing a little blog revamp and I’m so excited and also scared but I’ll be okay. So guys what themes do you use for your blogs?
Yeah so I know I said I have a lot of plans for the month but this is basically it😂😂😂. I hope I’m able to do them all because I’m a chronic procrastinator. I drive my dad nuts with it and if you are Nigerian then you know how extra Nigerian dads can be.
Let’s see what other amazing bloggers have been up to in the blogosphere
- Sumaiyya spills the tea in We need to talk about bookworm shaming, and I couldn’t help but agree to a lot of her points. She talks about dog-earing books, ebooks and audiobooks, shaming readers of a genre, bloggers being paid for blog tours and so much more. You all really really need to read this post.
- Malanie talks about her favourite books featuring friendships
- Nandini @ Unputdownable books #ownvoices review of A Spark of White Fire by Sangu Mandanna